General Service Technician
General Service Technicians will perform basic repairs and maintenance on vehicles such as oil changes and tire rotations.
- Inspect all cars
- Performs standard maintenance and repair as outlined on the work order.
- Perform inspection on the vehicle to see if further service work is needed or suggested.
- Completes all necessary paperwork outlining work performed and/or additional service suggested on the work order.
- Communicates suggestions for additional repair to the service writer and/or timeline if the maintenance and repairs cannot be completed in the timeframe communicated to the advocate.
- Maintains cleanliness of advocates’ vehicles and the shop.
- Is accountable for parts and tools owned by Bobby & Steve’s Auto World by maintaining proper care and condition.
- Maintains a safe work environment by operating equipment appropriately and communicating issues to management for proper documentation.
- Perform oil changes, tire installations, and alignments along with other maintenance requirements.
- Helping to maintain shop equipment as needed.
- Perform road tests as needed
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or education
- Ability to use practical problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and ability to work in a team-driven environment.
- Requires careful attention to detail and the ability to easily adapt to new technologies
- Usually need to stand for entire shifts and lift boxes in excess of 50 pounds. Being physically capable of doing the job is a necessity
- Valid driver’s license